Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

New Year, New Life

Russell here: I'm on my way to a Bikram Yoga class in 30 minutes and I have to walk Midge, whom Gill and I are dog-sitting for Em until February, so I've got to keep this short and to the point. And I wanted to make a public proclamation. 2010 is my year. It's my year of bringing all the elements I've been working on (acting, writing, directing and producing) together to make films. Lots and lots of films. I have my 2010 schedule - quite ambitious, but you have to start somewhere, right? No more excuses. I don't have a job to blame. I just have myself to answer to. And all the stories I'm turning into movies, just waiting to be told. As I write, Haiti has been decimated - the government is saying that over 200,000 people have died. I can't believe it. It's such an enormous tragedy that happened so fast. So because you never know when death will take you, that makes life so precious - every moment - to savour and enjoy. So I am savouring this moment and am striving for this year to be productive and filled with health and joy. Because the alternative doesn't look good. My wishes go out to Haitians for aid, water, food, shelter and healing to come swiftly.

No comments: